There is so much to cover that has happened since my last post, I'm afraid it is impossible to update everything. So I will start with the last event, Montana David Brown making his appearance almost 4 weeks early. After a month of trying to slow contractions and even spending the night in the hospital with the flu, I finally lost the battle and he was born March 24 at 1238 weighing 7 ibs 5 oz.
He had to spend a total of 10 days in the NICU because of fluid on the lungs and underdevelopment. His first day he needed more support and was on a CPAP machine, but eventually was weaned down to just a little whiff of oxygen in his nose. Montana decided to take his own sweet time recovering and the doctors finally decided to let us bring him home on oxygen, which he needed for another 10 days.
He is now 5 weeks old and doing fantastic! He has gained a pound over his birth weight, and judging by the way his cheeks are filling out I'm sure that isn't all. The doctors couldn't be happier and I am finally starting to relax.
This was the first time I was allowed to hold him. It was so hard to be a mommy and a nurse, watching him as he was hooked up to all those machines. 


Sgt. Boggs
13 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment