Sunday, March 22, 2009

Eryn's Second First Day of School

Eryn couldn't wait to start at her new school, Harwood Elementary, and believe it or not the school was open even though there was snow on the ground. Yes, the Seattle area could use a lesson from the folks in Idaho. Eryn was the star of the show on her first day. I was a little worried she would be nervous not knowing anyone, but of course my little social butterfly was making friends before I was even out the door. The kids were all calling out her name and she was surrounded by a ring of girls all asking her different questions. I could tell from the smile on her face she was all good.


Her favorite thing of all is that fact she gets to ride the bus everyday (and I get an extra 20 minutes to myself!!). Living in a small town has some unexpected perks....like you get to call the bus driver on her personal cell phone to let them know about your child. Eryn did get 'freaked out' on the way home because the bus 'just kept driving and driving around town'. She was sure that they were lost and that they didn't know where she lived. But now she is a pro and I'm sure pretty soon she won't even want me to walk her to the bus stop.

0 comments: