I have been wanting to move to the mountains for the last year, but I never would have guessed that we would actually be doing it. After getting rid of about half of my stuff, we packed up the Uhaul and headed down the road to Idaho and Liberty. Eryn was so excited she refused to sleep for fear of missing something exciting. It took us two long days on the road but Eryn didn't complain once. I had a great wing man, my mom helped me switch lanes when the traffic was heavy (and remind me to slow down). Both days we clear and sunny, the roads were accident free and there wasn't a drop of snow. We decided to go the long route through Oregon and it was a good call. The night we left a big snowstorm hit the NW and northern Idaho/Montana...our timing couldn't have been more perfect.
It was all I could do to drive the speed limit the closer we got to Idaho Falls, the closer I got the better I felt. I needed a few days to let it sink in that we were all together and no one was leaving, no one had a plane to catch...no more goodbyes. The next day we unloaded the van in 30 minutes (if only unpacking everything took that long too).

0 comments:
Post a Comment