Saturday, March 21, 2009

Our Little Love Story




I know I'm supposed to be biased, but I think that Lib and I have one of the best love stories around. Both of our families moved to Washington the summer before 7th grade and we went to middle and high school together. We had alot of the same friends, double dated to a dance and even dated during the beginning of our senior year. I remember always wishing I would get a chance to see him again when I wasn't a silly high school girl and he says he always thought of me as his 'what if girl'.


After losing track of each other 16 years ago we got our second chance thanks to facebook. Over a few weeks of emails we got to know each other again and those emails led to hours on the phone every night. The only hard things was the distance between us. Lib called me one night to ask me if I wanted to meet him in Salt Lake for the Coldplay concert. Three days later I was standing at the airport with my heart racing and palms sweating...so nervous I could hardly stand myself. The first time I saw him I just knew. Against all the dating rules we both said 'I love you' that weekend. Since then it has been an exciting whirlwind. I was Lib's first girlfriend and now I get to be his last.

0 comments: