Monday, March 30, 2009

My favorite room

Falling in love with Lib was one of the easiest things I've ever done, and we both knew very soon in our relationship that this was going to be a forever thing. Having Eryn has always seemed to complicate any relationship I've tried to have in the past, but with Lib everything was different. From the very beginning he had loved that fact I was a mom and completely supported me. The first time he meet Eryn she pretty much melted his heart and he got choked up when he had to say goodbye. They started to talk to each other every night and sometimes I would have to make her say goodnight because it was well past her bedtime.

The goodbyes....they kept getting harder and harder to do. The weeks leading up to our Valentines visit Lib was always busy and our late night talks seemed to get shorter and shorter. He told me he was working on a surprise for us so I tried not to pout too much. I can't stand waiting and tried to do everything I could to get even one tiny hint out of him. No luck. I had some guesses...an archery set up or some shelving in the house or part of the basement finished. So when we finally arrived I was shocked to see that the house, the basement, the garage, everything looked exactly the same. Since this was Eryn's first time to Idaho and our soon to be home, Lib told her he wanted to show her where her new room would be.

The last time I saw the room it was empty except for an old bed and some stuff shoved in the closet. What I saw when he opened the door this time stopped me in my tracks and made me cry. He had created the most beautiful pink horse themed room, something perfect for my daughter. Every little detail was amazing, so thoughtful and loving. There were framed horses everywhere, a pink lasso on the wall and even huge moose antlers with pink stuffing. I was overwhelmed, all I could do was throw my arms around him and cry while Eryn ran around the room exploring.

When I had finally composed myself he handed Eryn a card, which of course I had to read to her. In it he told her how much he loved us, how happy he was to have us in his life and then he told Eryn that he wanted her to be there when he asked her mom to be his wife. He got down on his knee after I read that part out loud and proposed to me in her little pink room. I know I will never forget that day. And I am pretty sure that Eryn's room will always be my favorite room in the entire house. Walking into it, all I feel is love and happiness.

0 comments: