While Lib tries to enjoy the Bahamas without me (with lots of help from Bacardi) I have this view to enjoy from Idaho.
Afterwards we headed into town to catch our chartered boat from some deep sea fishing. I've only fished for trout, so I was excited to try and get something really big. The first fish on the line was mine and I managed to get him all the way to the boat before we lost him. The guide had his hand on the leader and was just about to grab him with the hook when he jumped the line. It was a little disappointing but still a ton of fun. In hindsight I am almost glad we didn't get him, he would have been really small compared to the other two Mahi we caught. The chef at our hotel was able to cook the fish for our lunch the following day. We gorged ourselves on three huge platters, each cooked differently but all delicious. We ended the night at the casino where Lib taught me how to play black jack, although I'm not sure how well he taught me since we came home empty handed.
It was so nice to have sun on my skin and actually wear a few of the sundresses that were collecting dust in my closet. I would have loved another day or two, but was completely content with the time we had together. I am amazed everyday at how compatible we are and how much stinking fun we have together (and grateful he doesn't have a temper with me!).
0 comments:
Post a Comment